Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lamb



I remember my Memah laying on the couch when she would stay with us up at the river constantly reading. In fact even when we were little kids and would go to the Berkshires to visit her and my grandpa in between playing in the pine tree fields or swimming in the pool she would be in her library/den reading. As a child I never thought to question what she was flooding her brain with with her feet perched up on the arm of the couch, but as I got older the desire to know and start building my own library gathered more in my heart and head. She never strayed from her honesty, and even when I was young taboo topics such as tattoos and religion were never something I couldn't inquire about to the beautiful lady comfortable on the couch with her book on her heart. Lamb by Christopher Moore is the one book she recommended that I read when it came out, and being the person I was then I shrugged it off. Then after she passed away and we divided up her things my older brother told me I needed to read it as well. He was right. From page one to page end this book had me smiling, laughing and still thinking the whole time. It is in no way your average "religions nuts and a conspiracy of coo coo shit-Dan Brown-esque" book. Instead it's a story that one might actually picture themselves being a part of in a topic with whatever "God" you bow your head to at night, or scream "NO THANKS" at when the sun is shining brightly. I'm glad my grandmother enjoyed this book because It brings me closer to her in a way I wish I could have related to her more when she was alive. I recommend this book to anyone, it lightens the heart and puts the head in a pool of memories and thoughts...at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment