Sunday, November 8, 2009

Diamonds are Forever



I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my daughter and even at the thought of just those words it starts to curl up me on the inside. To watch and raise another life and teach them right and wrong, love and happiness, and the true values of how to become the person they are is an honor. And every little step they take in life is little step for you when you are a parent. And when they hurt, so do you. When their eyes well up, so do yours. And when they look you in the face and smile or laugh it is a feeling only you can know that words are even worth describing. I wouldn't know what to do if someone and something so special to me was taken away-and just like that, gone. These past couple weeks have been some of the worst I have ever known with too much to describe and too much already said. But my friend Jeremy sent me this photo tonight and instantly what little i've known as a parent in just the past 19 months shines a little brighter. Life is short, and sweet and the sour times and things that take away from the good aren't worth drowning in. So all I can say is THANK YOU Zoe for showing me in a simple picture what ive tried to come to understand for a long time, your son and my friend will always be with us and nothing can take that away. This photo is awesome, to say merely the least. thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment